Cheap Movers Melbourne: Ultimate checklist for your moving day
Here’s the part-2 of the series “Cheap Movers Melbourne: Ultimate checklist for your moving day.” In the last article, I stopped with checklist point 3, so let’s begin with point 4.
4) Sorting out parking space: Arrange parking space for the Cheap Movers Melbourne truck in advance to avoid last-minute delays. Arranging parking space is your responsibility, not theirs. We tend to think “they should sort it out,” but we are wrong. If you have a driveway, then you are free from this additional headache. You can always have a chat with your neighbors for a parking space as a favor. Make sure you do it in advance without waiting until the Cheap Movers Melbourne truck arrives. You are a good planner, so just put a tick on the “parking space” box.
5) Traffic report: Check traffic report and choose the best route that will save your time. Some roads are busier on certain days, so plan alternative routes in advance. Check for any ongoing roadwork. Cheap Movers Melbourne staff plan the journey route well to save their time and money. Make sure you have the addresses of the new home and temporary storing facilities. Get the Google map print the night before the move. Make sure the movers know the address of your new home.
6) Tracking the weather: Keeping an eye on the weather report is a good way to minimize the mess up. Also, it will help you to choose the best route for the journey. If you move in the winter season, check the weather report for a possible snowfall. Slippery ice on the doorway makes things more difficult. Take pre-actions to minimize possible injuries when carrying items on slippery ice surfaces. You will have to alter your ultimate moving day checklist according to the weather and traffic reports.
7) Is your “first night bag “ready: The first night in the new home may not be the right time for unpacking. You are exhausted after the hectic day, so you want to rest with your family. Anyway, you will need some items to get going in the new home. Your “first night bag” is the solution here. Pack the essentials you will need to get going in the new home in a bag or clear bin. You can pack individual bags or one big one for the whole family. Let your teenaged children pack their own “first night bag.” Pack whatever you will feel that are essential to get going as a family on the first night.
8) Cleaning your old house: It’s your responsibility cleaning your old house nicely before handing over to the landlord. We are thought to clean what we used. When Cheap Movers Melbourne moved everything out of the home, get the vacuum cleaner and give a quick clean. Repair the damages to get the full deposit back. It’s the time to take a few photos of the house as evidence to prove the state you left the house. Make sure everything turned off (including the main) and windows/doors are locked.
9) Unloading in the new home: Make sure the Cheap Movers Melbourne unload all the items and check for damaged items before the movers leave (if possible.) It’s better if you unpack the fragile items with the help of the movers to minimize damage. You can tip the movers if you are happy with their service, but it’s not a must.
It’s the end of the series. Hope you enjoyed the series.