Crucial Tips By Furniture Movers On Delicate Furniture Moving
Do you have delicate furniture in your home to move? If you have, hire Furniture Movers; and we make sure safe transport. Moving fragile furniture is a tough job. A single error can cause a big money waste. While moving furniture is a tough job, people tend to DIY it. That’s why Furniture Movers are here to give you tips on a safe transport of delicate furniture. If you follow these steps, you can save your precious furniture.
Let’s get started!
* Carry it without dropping it: Don’t drop antique furniture on the floor, never. Furniture Movers employ enough staff for delicate furniture transport. Well, it depends on the size and weight of furniture. Imagine three professional movers can carry it safely, but if you DIY; you will need more. We don’t have experience and the muscle power like the professionals. Carrying furniture at a diagonal angle makes the job easier, sometimes. Be cautious when moving furniture up and down the stairs.
* Never do it alone: At least have one other person to help you, depending on the size of the furniture. You know you can’t move a heavy antique table alone. If you hire Furniture Movers, we send at least two people for every job. Anyway, we send one of our company representatives for an on-site assessment. Then we decide how many to send for the job.
* No rushing and forcing: What would you do if the furniture doesn’t fit through the door? You can push harder, but it would damage your precious antique table. Try removing the door hinges, or take off a glass of a large window. Never rush, force, or push harder; make space, if not; hire a professional moving company such as Furniture Movers.
* How are you going to transport?: You can’t load heavy furniture in your car, so hire a van or a truck depending on the size and number of furniture. Be careful when you load furniture into the van as it’s a common place where your furniture can get scratches. Furniture Movers send the transport vehicle depending on the size of the furniture. Use cardboard boxes or mattress as padding on either side of the van. Also, make sure furniture will not move within the van; especially, if your journey has hills to climb.
* Disassembling furniture: Some furniture comes as separate pieces. Transporting such furniture is a tricky job. Also, carrying such furniture is a tricky job. And that’s why Furniture Movers dismantle such furniture for easy transport. It makes the job less complicated. Anyway, if you dismantle it; you should know how to put it back. On the other hand, you need proper tools and equipment for the purpose. If you use a regular screwdriver when you need a hex key; you will damage the bolts. If you feel that the job is too complicated, hire professionals. Also, make sure you don’t lose any pieces such as nuts and bolts.
Summary: Early preparation is the key to many things in life. So, make a plan on how you are going to do the job first. Moving antique furniture is not a piece of cake as it may seem. Only when you start the process, you will realize how complicated it is.