How to make Wedding Videos more interesting?
This is a burning question on every videographer’s mind. As a videographer, how are you going to get it right? Imagine you covered a wedding, and when you hand over the final footage to the couple; they say, “oh, this is too boring.” It would be so heartbreaking, doesn’t it? As the videographer, it’s your job to make the final wedding footage more interesting, so the couple would watch it again and again. It’s a challenge, though. Well, I am giving you some tips on making your Wedding Videos more interesting to watch.
1) Why don’t you tell the whole story?: Wedding Videos should not limit to the wedding day itself. You can add some scenes on the build up to the wedding. Why don’t you take some scenes from the engagement party? Wedding preparations, dress fitting, and some scenes from the honeymoon footage. All these things build up a lovely story and are more watchable. So, don’t just stick to the wedding day itself.
2) Unique features: This is a thing you can do to make Wedding Videos to look more fun. Watching the traditional scenes all the time can be boring. This is the 21st century, so why don’t you add something modern? How about “Trash The Dress?” Tell the couple to do something adventurous. OK, let’s try something simple. How about asking the bride to jump around in muddy puddles. You may have more creative ideas on trashing the dress. Add unique featured to make Wedding Videos more interesting to watch.
3) Wedding Trailer: Not every guest have the time to watch lengthy Wedding Videos. So, you can select some best scenes and make a high impact trailer. Well, a good trailer would make the guests see the entire footage. Don’t use a slow moving music. Use an energetic soundtrack instead. Just think about blockbuster movie trailers. The couple can publish the trailer on the social media and YouTube.
4) Soundtrack: Here’s a tricky part. You should make sure the tempo of the music matches with the video. Soundtrack means not only music. You can use bride’s father’s speech for heart melting scenes. Wedding Videos have many styles, so choose music according to the footage style.
5) The complete footage: Well, the guests may not have the time to see the full footage, but the couple has. As the videographer, you can suggest the couple about keeping the full footage on a different DVD. Long Wedding Videos can boost your loving memories. When your big day memories fade away, sit with your wife or husband and enjoy it all.
6) Communicate with the couple: Before the wedding, you better having a sit-down meeting with the couple. As the videographer, you should know their likes and dislikes. What moments they need in the final footage and what not. Will the bride be wearing earrings from her ancestors? Be ready to capture the special moments.
Summation: Creating great Wedding Videos is a challenge for any videographers. Many new tools and methods are there for you to use that make wedding Videos more interesting. Always make sure you know couple’s likes and dislikes. As a videographer, you may have creative ideas, so don’t hesitate to speak with the couple about your creativity. What if they love your new idea? You are a winner.