How To Move Furniture: Tips And Tricks By Furniture Movers
Millions of people buy furniture every year. Furniture has become essential house items for centuries. They allow us to live a comfortable life. Anyway, there’s a challenge. If you are moving into a new home, then lifting, carrying, and transporting furniture is a tough job. Moving heavy or delicate furniture needs skills and experience. If it’s beyond your limit, hiring Furniture Movers is advisable.
Anyway, if you are going to DIY it, then you should know the proper way of doing it. Today, Furniture Movers give you tips and tricks on it. After reading this article, we are confident that you will get it right. Let’s begin so.
1) Measure before the move: It’s common sense, but people often forget this important step. Dismantling furniture is not easy always. As the first thing, you must make sure the furniture will fit through the main door of the new home. Also, measure the spaces in the new home and compare with your current house. If the furniture doesn’t fit through the door, then Furniture Movers will dismantle and take it in. Anyway, if it doesn’t fit in your house space, you may have to leave them behind. In summary, always measure furniture in advance.
2) Get few of your friends: Well, I am talking about DIY furniture moves. As mentioned, moving heavy furniture is not a single-man job. Dining tables, California King beds, oversized sofas, antique tables, and wardrobes are the examples of heavy furniture. You need at least 2-3 friends for your help here. Anyway, if you have antiques, then hiring Furniture Movers is a thing to consider. Muscle power is not sufficient to transport antiques safely. Never try to dismantle furniture alone. Always get responsible friends to help you with carrying furniture.
3) Don’t lose pieces: Now I am talking about dismantling furniture. Furniture often comes with hooks, nuts, bolts, screws, plastic sachets, dowels, and tons of small pieces. If you lose a single piece, then you will have trouble with putting the furniture back together. Also, don’t mix the pieces of one furniture with another. Furniture Movers tip: Keep everything together in separate small bags. Pack all the bags in one bag and keep it in a place that you will remember. Also, mark every bag with clear instructions, so you will not mix up the pieces.
4) Stairs are the biggest challenge: If you are moving into a converted lighthouse that has a thousand stairs, then hiring Furniture Movers is a must. Moving heavy furniture through the staircase is a tough job even for professional movers. Here you will need 4-5 of your responsible friends at least. Furniture Movers blog has articles on preventing house moving injuries. Spiral staircases are nightmares. Just imagine you moving a heavy piano through this spiral staircase
5) Putting furniture back together also can be challenging. Make sure not to over or under tighten the screws and bolts. Some expensive furniture comes with a manual on dismantling and putting back together. Don’t bin the manual on the day of purchase so.
Great, it’s not rocket science. I didn’t make it too complex here. Anyway, hiring Furniture Movers has many advantages over DIY. Just keep it in your mind.