Tips By Removalists Melbourne On Settling Your Pets In a New Home
House moving is stressful for everyone including pets. We, humans, can understand what’s going on, but our pets don’t. In other words, you can make your kids understand about the house move to a greater extent, but it can be challenging when it comes to pets. All they see is random people emptying the house. Also, when in the new house; the environment is completely unfamiliar to them. So, today, Removalists Melbourne is here to help you in settling your pets in your new home. Let’s get started!
1) Make your pet stress-free: It could be the biggest challenge. As mentioned, you can’t make your pet understand about the house move practically. All you can do is lowering its stress. It should start from the house moving day itself. Pets get stressed when the Removalists Melbourne staff make noises and work like machines. Keeping your cat or dog in a quiet room is the best thing you can do until the movers go.
Boarding the pet is a thing to consider, but most pet owners don’t do it. Obviously, your pet can’t go in the truck, so take it in the car. When you are in the new home, take into a quiet room where it can rest after the stressful journey. Removalists Melbourne tip: Don’t let the movers enter the room as your pet may get agitated by it. Let it rest in the quiet room until the mover’s staff leaves your premises.
2) Animals can understand you: Your dog or the cat can understand your emotions well than you thought. The tone of your voice, facial expressions, and so on. So, you don’t get stress in the new home as your pet can detect it well. Anyway, there’s no reason for you to get stressed if you hire professional movers such as Removalists Melbourne. You be happy, then it will reflect in your pet too.
3) Introducing the new home: Don’t wait until the house moving day to show your pets the new home. I mean, it will be helpful for you if you take it to the new home 2-3 times before the moving day. I know it sounds unpractical, but if you do it; then it will help your pet to a greater extent to settle in the new home sooner. Show him the garden and his living room in advance. If the new room has more space than its current room, it will start to love it sooner. Pets behave like kids when facing new changes. All you have to do is staying close to the pet until it gets settled.
4) OK, there’s another option, and many moving companies recommend it to their customers. Handover your pet to one of your pet-loving friends. It could be one of your family members too. The top benefit of going with this option is your pet will not see any of the chaos such as Removalists Melbourne staff emptying the house. So, until the move is complete, your pet will stay with the friend.
5) Pet essential kit (Removalists Melbourne tip): As mentioned, your pet should go into a quiet room as soon as you arrive at the new home. You should have its toys, food bowl, and other items ready ASAP. Take your pet’s items in the car, so you can straightway arrange its living space soon.